Feeling lonely in the challenges presented by your career? Made some difficult progress over the years and want your experience to help your organization? Excited to take on a learning relationship but worry you might not have time?
This half-day course focuses on creating successful mentorships. After briefly exploring the nature of mentoring, mentors and protégés assess their expectations before refining and articulating their goals. Identifying a partner, building trust, preparing for a session, and creating actionable feedback are all addressed.
Attendees need not be in an active mentorship. The course prepares participants to kick-start a new relationship, either as mentor or protégé.
By the end of the program, attendees will be better able to:
- Differentiate mentorships from other types of learning relationships
- Identify a suitable mentor or protégé
- Manage the time it takes to engage in a mentorship
- Prepare for a mentoring session
- Give and receive the feedback that feeds learning and growth