Want to build a culture of effective problem solving? Want an organized set of tools employees can use to eliminate recurring trouble?
This twelve-hour curriculum creates an entire frame work for problem solving in the work place. Problem solving techniques, real-world case studies, classroom practice, and how to manage problem solving teams effectively are all addressed.
By the end of the program, attendees will be better able to:
- Integrate problem solving into the larger framework of continuous improvement
- Manage and participate in problem solving teams
- Identify root causes of problems
- Match the best problem solving techniques to the problems they face
- Forge consensus about countermeasures
The audience varies by module. Some are intended for managers, other are applicable to the entire workforce.
- Module 1: Continuous Improvement--It's Everybody's Game
- Module 2: Leading a Workforce of Problem Solvers
- Module 3: The Problem Solving Process
- Module 4: Team-Based Problem Solving
- Module 5: Identify and Define the Problem
- Module 6: Explore Root Causes
- Module 7: Brainstorm and Evaluate Options
- Module 8: Implement and Monitor Countermeasures
The materials used in this course were created by a cooperative venture of the Oregon Manufacturing Extension Partnership, three industry consortia, and four community colleges